External awnings sales have been increasing year on year as customer discover just how they can transform gardens into an extension of their homes.
Awnings are divided into two main categories:
- Dutch Blind canopies
- This is the 'quarter circle' type that you may often see outside shops. It is mainly used as a sunshade for the room, and doesn't project far enough to sit under. It is very effective at providing shade, since it has the side protection that folding arm awnings do not have. They are sold at a lower price than folding arm awnings, since they have fewer components.
- Folding Arm Awnings
- Folding arm awnings are the large type that you often see bolted to walls, with large arms that project out over a patio to provide a large sunshade. Folding arm awnings are useful in both summer and winter. In summer, they provide excellent shade for both the room and patio. In the winter, they can be used to shelter from light showers. They do not have to be extended fully, which makes them even more versatile for even more uses. We've even sold these awnings as smoking shelters!
We have a wide range on awnings available on line to buy. Please be sure to read the information on the product pages to make sure you know what you are buying. Don't forget, we offer a survey and installation service for our local customers.
- Stainless steel components for long lasting durabilty.
- Encasement ensures the fabric is protected from all types of weather when closed away. (not available on all products)
- Strong spring arms provide maximum fabric tension at every position. note: cable arms are stronger than chain!
- Fully adjustable on installation, to position the fall of the the arms from 5 degrees to 45 degrees.
- All products meet CE safety standards
- Removable valance for winter storage also available on folding arm awnings.
- Versatile installation options ensure that all awning can be installed safely to your walls.
- Maintainence free. Encased awnings ensure everything stays really clean inside the casing
- Coverboards can be supplied for those products that are not encased.
- Projections available between 1.5mts to 3.5mts
- Different colour frames available as standard options for many products
- Any colour framework availabel for an addtional charge
- Manual operation - cords can be left or right hand control.
- Electric operation - can be operated via remote control or wireless wall switch.
- Fully automatic - operated via a sun and wind sensor which opens the canopy when a set light level is reached, and retracts the awning if the wind is too strong.
- Spreader Plates can be made for bungalow and single storey extension installations.
- Special brackets can be made for awkward installations
- Some units can be designed to free-stand!
- Awnings cannot be left out in high winds, and must be retracted.
- Depending on the model chosen, you may be restricted on projection where only a small width is required.
- The fabric width always slightly narrower than the overall awning size. Therefore, you cannot expect to butt two blinds together without a gap. If you have a specific requirement, please contact us.
Suitable Areas for Use
- Suitable for any wall where two brackets can be mounted at each end of the awning.
- We now have a product called the domestic cassette that is suitable for installation directly onto the front of your conservatory. Please check with the conservatory supplier that this will not invalidate your warranty.
- Our 'Haitian' product can be supplied with Freestanding 'Flower Box' Bases to allow two blinds to be mounted back-to-back, and then positioned virtually anywhere!